So I’ve added quinoa to brown onion gravy and last night I cooked quinoa in chicken fat. Tonight I have bacon fat quinoa.
What could be better than cooking a health superfood in bacon fat.
- Two rashers of streaky bacon
- ⅓ cup tricolour quinoa
- ⅔ cup wine and water
- Coleslaw stuff for coleslaw
- Stuffed peppers
- Red chilli
- Jalapeño pepper
- Sauté the shredded streaky bacon in the bottom of a stainless steel saucepan
- While the bacon is sticking to the bottom of the saucepan and starting to smoke clean the quinoa
- Add the quinoa and wine and water and scrape the bottom of the saucepan, that is, the inside bottom not the outside bottom
- Put a lid on and cook for 10 minutes
- When 10 minutes is up remove the lid and stir until the quinoa has plumped up and the fluid is absorbed
- On a plate place the coleslaw on one side
- On the other side of the plate add the bacon fat quinoa
- Decorate with chives, stuffed peppers, red chillies and Jalapeño peppers
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb) while watching My Kitchen Rules
Here are the step by step photographs to help you visualise how to prepare bacon fat quinoa.
Would you cook bacon fat quinoa?