I haven’t had noodles for a few months since I started the low carbohydrate and then low fat way of eating. I was feeling a little lazy tonight so rather than fancy noodles I found some two minute instant noodles and used them.
This is a pretty easy recipe and if you live alone and want something tasty, filling and easy this is perfect.
- Bok choi
- Flaked almonds
- Light coconut milk
- Panko crumbs
- Grape seed oil
- Rub a little oil over the salmon and sprinkle some panko crumbs on top
- Bake the salmon at 200 °C for 15 minutes in a benchtop oven
- Boil some water and then soften the noodles
- Wilt some bok choi in a nonstick frying pan
- Add the noodles and keep moving to avoid the noodles burning
- A little colour on the noodles is a good thing
- As the salmon finishes baking add about 30 mL of light coconut milk to the noodles
- Stir through some flaked almonds
- Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to rest
- While the salmon is rest put a small plate into the benchtop oven to warm (keep the door open)
- Plate up the noodles and lay the salmon on top
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
I hope you enjoy this low fat filling baked salmon meal. If you make it please let me know.
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.