I haven’t had noodles for a few months since I started the low carbohydrate and then low fat way of eating. I was feeling a little lazy tonight so rather than fancy noodles I found some two minute instant noodles and used them.
This is a pretty easy recipe and if you live alone and want something tasty, filling and easy this is perfect.
- Bok choi
- Flaked almonds
- Light coconut milk
- Panko crumbs
- Grape seed oil
- Rub a little oil over the salmon and sprinkle some panko crumbs on top
- Bake the salmon at 200 °C for 15 minutes in a benchtop oven
- Boil some water and then soften the noodles
- Wilt some bok choi in a nonstick frying pan
- Add the noodles and keep moving to avoid the noodles burning
- A little colour on the noodles is a good thing
- As the salmon finishes baking add about 30 mL of light coconut milk to the noodles
- Stir through some flaked almonds
- Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to rest
- While the salmon is rest put a small plate into the benchtop oven to warm (keep the door open)
- Plate up the noodles and lay the salmon on top
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
I hope you enjoy this low fat filling baked salmon meal. If you make it please let me know.