My friend Diane tagged me in a Facebook photograph about chicken thigh and coincidentally I was having chicken thigh tonight.
This is the chicken thigh sitting on top of the frozen peas and corn just before putting it into the oven.
This is the finished dish with the delightfully crunchy panko crumbed chicken thigh with amazing tender succulent and juicy dark meat.
- Chicken thigh
- Panko crumbs
- Grape seed oil
- Chicken salt
- Jalapeño pepper
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Leftover quinoa rice
- Frozen peas and corn
- In the plastic bag the chicken was sold in add some grape seed oil, the panko crumbs and chicken salt and rub it all together
- Put some frozen peas and corn into a small metal oven proof bowl
- Put the chicken thigh on top of the peas and corn to allow the chicken juices to drip into the peas and corn
- Put the chicken and vegetables into a benchtop oven at 200 °C for 1 hour or a fan forced full sized oven at 150 °C for 1 hour
- In a microblender process the avocado, jalapeño, olive oil and lime juice
- Add the avocado to the leftover quinoa rice to make avocado jalapeño quinoa rice
- When the chicken is cooked make sure you allow the chicken to rest for at least 20 minutes
- I cannot stress to much the value of letting the chicken rest
- It will be juicy and succulent if you let the chicken rest
- Plate up by putting the chicken on a plate first followed by the peas and corn and then fill the gaps with the avocado jalapeño quinoa rice
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
This is what I had for breakfast. A smoked salmon breakfast burger with a toasted bread roll.