I love that I can now buy a small packet of pork rashers that are about 10 cm long (4 inches) rather than double the length and double the thickness. The meat to fat ratio is also now greater (not that lots of fat is a bad thing when going low carb high fat) which in my mind means better value for money.
The other thing I cooked tonight was some Brussels sprouts.
I love the vivid green of Brussels sprouts. I overdid the roast the other night when I cooked them with chicken wings. So tonight rather than keeping them open in the oven I cooked them undercover.
I also made a small fennel salad for some fresh crunch.
- Pork rashers
- Brussels sprouts
- Bacon pieces
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Put the Brussels sprouts and bacon pieces in an aluminium foil wrap with a little oil or butter
- On a baking tray next to the aluminium foil parcel add the pork rashers and season with a little salt
- Put into an oven at 150 °C for 1 hour
- Put together the fennel salad and you can use a little full fat mayonnaise as supplement the lime juice
- When the pork has been cooked, allow it to rest for 10 minutes and unwrap the Brussels sprouts and bacon pieces
- Plate up the meal
- Shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and the photographs.