The only meat I had in the refrigerator this evening was about 300 g of ground or minced beef. I also had some cabbage and mixed leaves which I’ve been using for lunches. Add to that some slivered almonds, pine nuts, various condiments, white wine, cream and cheese and I had dinner.
I like that some of the bits of beef look like little worms. If only they moved. Then it would be like eating Gagh. Apparently gagh is best eaten live
- Ground or minced beef
- Shredded cabbage leaf
- Mixed leaves (spinach, rocket, chard)
- Slivered almonds
- Pine nuts
- Chili flakes
- Chicken salt
- White wine
- Grated cheese
- Fried shallots
- Cook the beef in a frying pan until all the meat is brown and cooked through
- Add the shredded cabbage and mixed leaves and a good handful of chili flakes
- Cook in high to wilt and soften all the vegetables
- Add in a good wedge of butter
- Toss in a handful of nuts
- Shake in the chicken salt and nutmeg
- Add a splash of wine and reduce
- Add the cream and stir through and ensure it’s incorporated throughout
- Take off the heat
- Add some fried shallots and grated cheese
- Plate up and shoot a photograph
- Eat the meal
- Wash the dishes
- Write the recipe
- Blog (verb)
Sorry the parsley is out of focus. This was really nice. It had heat from the chili flakes, texture from the nuts, healthfulness from the greenery and manly happiness with red meat
This is the sort of meal anyone can just put together with stuff that is in the refrigerator. It’s cheaper than takeaway and tastier I reckon. There wasn’t a lot to clean up afterwards either. In my mind it’s a winner.
What are your favourite ways to use ground or minced beef?
Disclaimer and a note on mass and energy
I have no culinary training nor qualifications. This post is not intended to convey any health or medical advice. If you have any health concerns about anything you read, please contact your registered medical practitioner.
For recipe posts the quantities are indicative. Feel free to vary the quantities to suit your taste.
I deliberately do not calculate energy for dishes. I deliberately default to 500 Calories or 500,000 calories because I do not make these calculations.